Hemant Soren set to be Jharkhand`s 9th CM, Guv revokes Prez Rule
Zee Media Bureau
Ranchi: Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) leader Hemant Soren is all set to take charge as the ninth Chief Minister of Jharkhand soon.
Backed by the Congress, RJD and legislators from smaller parties and independents, Soren staked claim to forming a new government when he met Governor Syed Ahmad on Tuesday.
The JMM handed over names of 43 legislators who it said will back the JMM-led government.
A day after Hemant Soren’s meeting with the Governor, the latter today recommended the revocation of the President`s Rule in the state.
The Governor also sent a report to the Union Home Ministry.
Jharkhand was carved out of Bihar in November 2000. Babulal Marandi of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) was the first chief minister. Marandi was replaced by Arjun Munda of BJP.
JMM chief Shibu Soren was the third chief minister. He quit after just eight days. Arjun Munda of BJP succeeded him.
Madhu Koda, an independent legislator backed by the Congress, JMM and RJD, became the fifth chief minister -- in September 2006.
Shibu Soren became the sixth chief minister in August 2008. He took oath again in December 2009.
In September 2010, Arjun Munda became the state`s eighth chief minister. Now it is the turn of Hemant Soren.
With IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'