Hemant Soren, Sudesh Mahto to be deputy CMs in Munda govt?
Ranchi: JMM leader Hemant Soren and AJSU
president Sudesh Mahto are likely to become deputy chief
ministers in the Arjun Munda government in Jharkhand,
coalition sources said.
In that case, Soren and Mahto will take oath along
with Munda on Saturday, they said.
During expansion of his ministry, Munda could allot
three berths each from BJP and JMM, two for All Jharkhand
Students Union (AJSU) and one for the JDU, they said.
However, there would be no room for the two
Independent MLAs who gave their signatures when Munda staked
claim to form the government on Tuesday, they said.
"The BJP leadership is confident that Munda can face
the challenges constructively, particularly after he succeeded
in making the JMM agree unconditionally to support the
government -- a task which the national leadership had a
difficult time during April-May before deciding to withdraw
support to the then Shibu Soren government," a senior BJP
leader, who did not want to be identified, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured