Hemant Soren, Sudesh Mahto to be deputy CMs in Munda govt?
Ranchi: JMM leader Hemant Soren and AJSU
president Sudesh Mahto are likely to become deputy chief
ministers in the Arjun Munda government in Jharkhand,
coalition sources said.
In that case, Soren and Mahto will take oath along
with Munda on Saturday, they said.
During expansion of his ministry, Munda could allot
three berths each from BJP and JMM, two for All Jharkhand
Students Union (AJSU) and one for the JDU, they said.
However, there would be no room for the two
Independent MLAs who gave their signatures when Munda staked
claim to form the government on Tuesday, they said.
"The BJP leadership is confident that Munda can face
the challenges constructively, particularly after he succeeded
in making the JMM agree unconditionally to support the
government -- a task which the national leadership had a
difficult time during April-May before deciding to withdraw
support to the then Shibu Soren government," a senior BJP
leader, who did not want to be identified, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city