Hemant Soren, Sudesh Mahto to be deputy CMs in Munda govt?
Ranchi: JMM leader Hemant Soren and AJSU
president Sudesh Mahto are likely to become deputy chief
ministers in the Arjun Munda government in Jharkhand,
coalition sources said.
In that case, Soren and Mahto will take oath along
with Munda on Saturday, they said.
During expansion of his ministry, Munda could allot
three berths each from BJP and JMM, two for All Jharkhand
Students Union (AJSU) and one for the JDU, they said.
However, there would be no room for the two
Independent MLAs who gave their signatures when Munda staked
claim to form the government on Tuesday, they said.
"The BJP leadership is confident that Munda can face
the challenges constructively, particularly after he succeeded
in making the JMM agree unconditionally to support the
government -- a task which the national leadership had a
difficult time during April-May before deciding to withdraw
support to the then Shibu Soren government," a senior BJP
leader, who did not want to be identified, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'