Hemant Soren, Sudesh Mahto to be deputy CMs in Munda govt?
Ranchi: JMM leader Hemant Soren and AJSU
president Sudesh Mahto are likely to become deputy chief
ministers in the Arjun Munda government in Jharkhand,
coalition sources said.
In that case, Soren and Mahto will take oath along
with Munda on Saturday, they said.
During expansion of his ministry, Munda could allot
three berths each from BJP and JMM, two for All Jharkhand
Students Union (AJSU) and one for the JDU, they said.
However, there would be no room for the two
Independent MLAs who gave their signatures when Munda staked
claim to form the government on Tuesday, they said.
"The BJP leadership is confident that Munda can face
the challenges constructively, particularly after he succeeded
in making the JMM agree unconditionally to support the
government -- a task which the national leadership had a
difficult time during April-May before deciding to withdraw
support to the then Shibu Soren government," a senior BJP
leader, who did not want to be identified, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- See pic: Two giant pandas and cub celebrate their 10th birthday with 'ice cakes'!
- RBL Bank's IPO oversubscribed 70 times, applications cross 1 mn on Day 3
- Dredging of Brahmaputra soon to stop floods, erosion: Sonowal
- You may be ignoring these signs of a stroke! - Watch video
- Delhi schoolboy run over by van that dropped him home