High-level team headed by Cab Secy to visit Jharkhand
New Delhi: A high-level team, headed by Cabinet Secretary Ajit Seth, will visit Jharkhand for two days beginning Friday to review administrative and security issues in the state which is under President`s rule.
The team of secretaries, including Home Secretary R K Singh, will take stock of various development schemes being implemented in Jharkhand, especially in Naxal-affected areas.
A detailed review will be undertaken on the law-and-order situation as well as steps being taken to contain the Maoists violence as well as development initiative there, official sources said.
The delegation will also meet Governor Syed Ahmed, his two advisers -- Madhukar Gupta and K Vijay Kumar - and other top officials.
Jharkhand has been under President`s rule since last month following withdrawal of support by JMM to Arjun Munda led government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon