High-level team headed by Cab Secy to visit Jharkhand
New Delhi: A high-level team, headed by Cabinet Secretary Ajit Seth, will visit Jharkhand for two days beginning Friday to review administrative and security issues in the state which is under President`s rule.
The team of secretaries, including Home Secretary R K Singh, will take stock of various development schemes being implemented in Jharkhand, especially in Naxal-affected areas.
A detailed review will be undertaken on the law-and-order situation as well as steps being taken to contain the Maoists violence as well as development initiative there, official sources said.
The delegation will also meet Governor Syed Ahmed, his two advisers -- Madhukar Gupta and K Vijay Kumar - and other top officials.
Jharkhand has been under President`s rule since last month following withdrawal of support by JMM to Arjun Munda led government.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane