High-level team headed by Cab Secy to visit Jharkhand
New Delhi: A high-level team, headed by Cabinet Secretary Ajit Seth, will visit Jharkhand for two days beginning Friday to review administrative and security issues in the state which is under President`s rule.
The team of secretaries, including Home Secretary R K Singh, will take stock of various development schemes being implemented in Jharkhand, especially in Naxal-affected areas.
A detailed review will be undertaken on the law-and-order situation as well as steps being taken to contain the Maoists violence as well as development initiative there, official sources said.
The delegation will also meet Governor Syed Ahmed, his two advisers -- Madhukar Gupta and K Vijay Kumar - and other top officials.
Jharkhand has been under President`s rule since last month following withdrawal of support by JMM to Arjun Munda led government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional