High-level team headed by Cab Secy to visit Jharkhand
New Delhi: A high-level team, headed by Cabinet Secretary Ajit Seth, will visit Jharkhand for two days beginning Friday to review administrative and security issues in the state which is under President`s rule.
The team of secretaries, including Home Secretary R K Singh, will take stock of various development schemes being implemented in Jharkhand, especially in Naxal-affected areas.
A detailed review will be undertaken on the law-and-order situation as well as steps being taken to contain the Maoists violence as well as development initiative there, official sources said.
The delegation will also meet Governor Syed Ahmed, his two advisers -- Madhukar Gupta and K Vijay Kumar - and other top officials.
Jharkhand has been under President`s rule since last month following withdrawal of support by JMM to Arjun Munda led government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers