High-level team headed by Cab Secy to visit Jharkhand
New Delhi: A high-level team, headed by Cabinet Secretary Ajit Seth, will visit Jharkhand for two days beginning Friday to review administrative and security issues in the state which is under President`s rule.
The team of secretaries, including Home Secretary R K Singh, will take stock of various development schemes being implemented in Jharkhand, especially in Naxal-affected areas.
A detailed review will be undertaken on the law-and-order situation as well as steps being taken to contain the Maoists violence as well as development initiative there, official sources said.
The delegation will also meet Governor Syed Ahmed, his two advisers -- Madhukar Gupta and K Vijay Kumar - and other top officials.
Jharkhand has been under President`s rule since last month following withdrawal of support by JMM to Arjun Munda led government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das
- Saarc FMs meet focused on trade, tax avoidance pacts: Das
- Centre to replace J&K governor? Five names doing rounds as his successor
- Arun Jaitley pitches for BRICS arbitration platform