High-level team reviews Jharkhand security
Ranchi: Union Cabinet Secretary A.K. Seth reviewed the security and development work of Jharkhand with officials of various ministries in Ranchi Friday.
The high-level team led by Seth met union Planning Commission Secretary S. Khullar, Railway Board chairman Vinay Mittal and secretaries of different union ministries.
The meeting was attended by Jharkhand Governor K. Vijay Kumar`s advisor Madhukar Gupta, Chief secretary S.K. Chaudhary, state police chief G.S. Rath and others.
"The meeting decided to expedite road construction work, improving the mobile phone and BSNL network services in Maoist affected areas," a statement said.
It was also decided to set up a core committee to look into illegal mining, levy collection from the development work, and to check delay in railway projects in the state. The meeting stressed the need for improving policing.
Jharkhand is currently under president`s rule for the third time.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?