High-level team reviews Jharkhand security
Ranchi: Union Cabinet Secretary A.K. Seth reviewed the security and development work of Jharkhand with officials of various ministries in Ranchi Friday.
The high-level team led by Seth met union Planning Commission Secretary S. Khullar, Railway Board chairman Vinay Mittal and secretaries of different union ministries.
The meeting was attended by Jharkhand Governor K. Vijay Kumar`s advisor Madhukar Gupta, Chief secretary S.K. Chaudhary, state police chief G.S. Rath and others.
"The meeting decided to expedite road construction work, improving the mobile phone and BSNL network services in Maoist affected areas," a statement said.
It was also decided to set up a core committee to look into illegal mining, levy collection from the development work, and to check delay in railway projects in the state. The meeting stressed the need for improving policing.
Jharkhand is currently under president`s rule for the third time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren