High-level team reviews Jharkhand security
Ranchi: Union Cabinet Secretary A.K. Seth reviewed the security and development work of Jharkhand with officials of various ministries in Ranchi Friday.
The high-level team led by Seth met union Planning Commission Secretary S. Khullar, Railway Board chairman Vinay Mittal and secretaries of different union ministries.
The meeting was attended by Jharkhand Governor K. Vijay Kumar`s advisor Madhukar Gupta, Chief secretary S.K. Chaudhary, state police chief G.S. Rath and others.
"The meeting decided to expedite road construction work, improving the mobile phone and BSNL network services in Maoist affected areas," a statement said.
It was also decided to set up a core committee to look into illegal mining, levy collection from the development work, and to check delay in railway projects in the state. The meeting stressed the need for improving policing.
Jharkhand is currently under president`s rule for the third time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi