High-level team reviews Jharkhand security
Ranchi: Union Cabinet Secretary A.K. Seth reviewed the security and development work of Jharkhand with officials of various ministries in Ranchi Friday.
The high-level team led by Seth met union Planning Commission Secretary S. Khullar, Railway Board chairman Vinay Mittal and secretaries of different union ministries.
The meeting was attended by Jharkhand Governor K. Vijay Kumar`s advisor Madhukar Gupta, Chief secretary S.K. Chaudhary, state police chief G.S. Rath and others.
"The meeting decided to expedite road construction work, improving the mobile phone and BSNL network services in Maoist affected areas," a statement said.
It was also decided to set up a core committee to look into illegal mining, levy collection from the development work, and to check delay in railway projects in the state. The meeting stressed the need for improving policing.
Jharkhand is currently under president`s rule for the third time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack