High-level team reviews Jharkhand security
Ranchi: Union Cabinet Secretary A.K. Seth reviewed the security and development work of Jharkhand with officials of various ministries in Ranchi Friday.
The high-level team led by Seth met union Planning Commission Secretary S. Khullar, Railway Board chairman Vinay Mittal and secretaries of different union ministries.
The meeting was attended by Jharkhand Governor K. Vijay Kumar`s advisor Madhukar Gupta, Chief secretary S.K. Chaudhary, state police chief G.S. Rath and others.
"The meeting decided to expedite road construction work, improving the mobile phone and BSNL network services in Maoist affected areas," a statement said.
It was also decided to set up a core committee to look into illegal mining, levy collection from the development work, and to check delay in railway projects in the state. The meeting stressed the need for improving policing.
Jharkhand is currently under president`s rule for the third time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...