Hike in electricity tariff in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Jharkhand State Electricity Regulatory Commission (JSERC) has increased an average 16 per cent in the tariff, a hike per unit between five paise and 80 paise in different categories of domestic and non-domestic services.
"Though Jharkhand State Electricity Board (JSEB) proposed 31 per cent increase in the tariff, we have approved 16 per cent," JSERC Chairman Muktiyar Singh told reporters here.
JSEB would get an additional revenue of Rs 448.30 crore from the increase in tariffs, he said.
"The increase was needed following hike in the prices of coal, furnace oil and light diesel, employees cost, power purchase cost and inflation," he said.
The JSERC also accepted a JSEB proposal to add a new category (non-domestic-III) to charge Rs six on advertising and hoardings, he said.
The JSERC directed the JSEB to strengthen transmission and distribution network, ease tariff collection system, provide interest at bank rate on consumer security deposit, and do away with average billing by installing metres at the places of consumers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in