‘Hope Guv takes forward my developmental efforts’
Ranchi: Former Chief Minister Arjun Munda Friday said he expected Governor Syed Ahmed would take forward all the developmental initiatives taken up by the previous popular government.
"We had taken up several developmental works (before the government fell on January 8) through policy decisions by a popular government. I hope those would be taken forward by the Raj Bhavan, as per its responsibility under the President`s rule," Munda said here.
Reacting to some Congress leaders` statement on news channels yesterday that the governor would undertake a "road yatra" to take stock of the developmental works, Munda said, "The Raj Bhavan is expected to take responsibility as per the Constitution and not allow any political leader to become its spokes person."
Munda, who had resigned earlier this month after the JMM withdrew support leading to the current central rule in the state, was reacting in the wake of Congress leaders Stephen Marandi, Alamgir Alam and Radhakrishna Kishore?s statements in the media after they submitted a memorandum to Ahmed yesterday requesting him to take steps in the devolution of powers to panchayat bodies and speeding up road and other projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dominika Cibulkova stuns Agniezka Radwanska, enters Eastbourne final
- Three arrested for forcing Kerala nursing student to drink toilet cleaner
- Copa-Euro showdown: Proposal made for match between Copa America and Euro 2016 winners
- World doping watchdog WADA shuts down Rio Olympic lab
- 'What is the EU?' searches spike on Google after shattering Brexit vote