‘Hope Guv takes forward my developmental efforts’
Ranchi: Former Chief Minister Arjun Munda Friday said he expected Governor Syed Ahmed would take forward all the developmental initiatives taken up by the previous popular government.
"We had taken up several developmental works (before the government fell on January 8) through policy decisions by a popular government. I hope those would be taken forward by the Raj Bhavan, as per its responsibility under the President`s rule," Munda said here.
Reacting to some Congress leaders` statement on news channels yesterday that the governor would undertake a "road yatra" to take stock of the developmental works, Munda said, "The Raj Bhavan is expected to take responsibility as per the Constitution and not allow any political leader to become its spokes person."
Munda, who had resigned earlier this month after the JMM withdrew support leading to the current central rule in the state, was reacting in the wake of Congress leaders Stephen Marandi, Alamgir Alam and Radhakrishna Kishore?s statements in the media after they submitted a memorandum to Ahmed yesterday requesting him to take steps in the devolution of powers to panchayat bodies and speeding up road and other projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?