‘Hope Guv takes forward my developmental efforts’
Ranchi: Former Chief Minister Arjun Munda Friday said he expected Governor Syed Ahmed would take forward all the developmental initiatives taken up by the previous popular government.
"We had taken up several developmental works (before the government fell on January 8) through policy decisions by a popular government. I hope those would be taken forward by the Raj Bhavan, as per its responsibility under the President`s rule," Munda said here.
Reacting to some Congress leaders` statement on news channels yesterday that the governor would undertake a "road yatra" to take stock of the developmental works, Munda said, "The Raj Bhavan is expected to take responsibility as per the Constitution and not allow any political leader to become its spokes person."
Munda, who had resigned earlier this month after the JMM withdrew support leading to the current central rule in the state, was reacting in the wake of Congress leaders Stephen Marandi, Alamgir Alam and Radhakrishna Kishore?s statements in the media after they submitted a memorandum to Ahmed yesterday requesting him to take steps in the devolution of powers to panchayat bodies and speeding up road and other projects.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!