Hospital superintendent dies after minister`s inspection
Ranchi: A superintendent of a government hospital suffered a heart attack and died following Jharkhand Health Minister Rajendra Singh`s inspection of the hospital at Jamshedpur on Sunday.
SS Prasad, superintendent of Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Hospital, fainted just before the health minister was leaving the hospital after inspection.
He was admitted to the same hospital and later shifted to another heart hospital.
Prasad died late Sunday night.
Rajendra Singh, who inspected the hospital on Sunday, reportedly expressed unhappiness over the poor state of affairs at the hospital.
When the minister was briefing media persons, the hospital superintendent began sweating and fell unconscious.
According to hospital sources, Prasad had suffered mild heart attacks twice in past and a pace maker had been inserted. Sources also said the superintendent was under intense pressure over the minister`s visit.
The health minister has taken a tough stand over the poor state of affairs prevailing in government hospitals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu