Hospital superintendent dies after minister`s inspection
Ranchi: A superintendent of a government hospital suffered a heart attack and died following Jharkhand Health Minister Rajendra Singh`s inspection of the hospital at Jamshedpur on Sunday.
SS Prasad, superintendent of Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Hospital, fainted just before the health minister was leaving the hospital after inspection.
He was admitted to the same hospital and later shifted to another heart hospital.
Prasad died late Sunday night.
Rajendra Singh, who inspected the hospital on Sunday, reportedly expressed unhappiness over the poor state of affairs at the hospital.
When the minister was briefing media persons, the hospital superintendent began sweating and fell unconscious.
According to hospital sources, Prasad had suffered mild heart attacks twice in past and a pace maker had been inserted. Sources also said the superintendent was under intense pressure over the minister`s visit.
The health minister has taken a tough stand over the poor state of affairs prevailing in government hospitals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal