Hospital superintendent dies after minister`s inspection
Ranchi: A superintendent of a government hospital suffered a heart attack and died following Jharkhand Health Minister Rajendra Singh`s inspection of the hospital at Jamshedpur on Sunday.
SS Prasad, superintendent of Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Hospital, fainted just before the health minister was leaving the hospital after inspection.
He was admitted to the same hospital and later shifted to another heart hospital.
Prasad died late Sunday night.
Rajendra Singh, who inspected the hospital on Sunday, reportedly expressed unhappiness over the poor state of affairs at the hospital.
When the minister was briefing media persons, the hospital superintendent began sweating and fell unconscious.
According to hospital sources, Prasad had suffered mild heart attacks twice in past and a pace maker had been inserted. Sources also said the superintendent was under intense pressure over the minister`s visit.
The health minister has taken a tough stand over the poor state of affairs prevailing in government hospitals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016