Hospital superintendent dies after minister`s inspection
Ranchi: A superintendent of a government hospital suffered a heart attack and died following Jharkhand Health Minister Rajendra Singh`s inspection of the hospital at Jamshedpur on Sunday.
SS Prasad, superintendent of Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Hospital, fainted just before the health minister was leaving the hospital after inspection.
He was admitted to the same hospital and later shifted to another heart hospital.
Prasad died late Sunday night.
Rajendra Singh, who inspected the hospital on Sunday, reportedly expressed unhappiness over the poor state of affairs at the hospital.
When the minister was briefing media persons, the hospital superintendent began sweating and fell unconscious.
According to hospital sources, Prasad had suffered mild heart attacks twice in past and a pace maker had been inserted. Sources also said the superintendent was under intense pressure over the minister`s visit.
The health minister has taken a tough stand over the poor state of affairs prevailing in government hospitals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...