Hospital superintendent dies after minister`s inspection
Ranchi: A superintendent of a government hospital suffered a heart attack and died following Jharkhand Health Minister Rajendra Singh`s inspection of the hospital at Jamshedpur on Sunday.
SS Prasad, superintendent of Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Hospital, fainted just before the health minister was leaving the hospital after inspection.
He was admitted to the same hospital and later shifted to another heart hospital.
Prasad died late Sunday night.
Rajendra Singh, who inspected the hospital on Sunday, reportedly expressed unhappiness over the poor state of affairs at the hospital.
When the minister was briefing media persons, the hospital superintendent began sweating and fell unconscious.
According to hospital sources, Prasad had suffered mild heart attacks twice in past and a pace maker had been inserted. Sources also said the superintendent was under intense pressure over the minister`s visit.
The health minister has taken a tough stand over the poor state of affairs prevailing in government hospitals.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane