HRD Minister Baijnath Ram sidesteps questions on power-sharing
Ranchi: Jharkhand HRD Minister Baijnath Ram on Thursday side-stepped questions on the JMM`s claim of a power-sharing formula in the state.
"I came to discuss matters relating to my constituency," Ram said when asked whether he discussed the JMM`s claim during a meeting he had with deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren, belonging to JMM.
On Tuesday Soren had given a letter to Chief Minister Arjun Munda on the power-sharing formula, a domicile policy with the year 1932 as cut off, uplift of madrasas, a Rehabilitation and Resettlement Policy for displaced people and on regional languages.
Senior JMM leaders and party MLAs have kept calling on party supremo Shibu Soren at his residence, but everyone refrained from commenting on the deadlock with the BJP.
"We follow what Guruji decides," party leader and Revenue and Land Reforms Minister Mathura Prasad Mahato told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre