HRD Minister Baijnath Ram sidesteps questions on power-sharing
Ranchi: Jharkhand HRD Minister Baijnath Ram on Thursday side-stepped questions on the JMM`s claim of a power-sharing formula in the state.
"I came to discuss matters relating to my constituency," Ram said when asked whether he discussed the JMM`s claim during a meeting he had with deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren, belonging to JMM.
On Tuesday Soren had given a letter to Chief Minister Arjun Munda on the power-sharing formula, a domicile policy with the year 1932 as cut off, uplift of madrasas, a Rehabilitation and Resettlement Policy for displaced people and on regional languages.
Senior JMM leaders and party MLAs have kept calling on party supremo Shibu Soren at his residence, but everyone refrained from commenting on the deadlock with the BJP.
"We follow what Guruji decides," party leader and Revenue and Land Reforms Minister Mathura Prasad Mahato told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie