HRD Minister Baijnath Ram sidesteps questions on power-sharing
Ranchi: Jharkhand HRD Minister Baijnath Ram on Thursday side-stepped questions on the JMM`s claim of a power-sharing formula in the state.
"I came to discuss matters relating to my constituency," Ram said when asked whether he discussed the JMM`s claim during a meeting he had with deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren, belonging to JMM.
On Tuesday Soren had given a letter to Chief Minister Arjun Munda on the power-sharing formula, a domicile policy with the year 1932 as cut off, uplift of madrasas, a Rehabilitation and Resettlement Policy for displaced people and on regional languages.
Senior JMM leaders and party MLAs have kept calling on party supremo Shibu Soren at his residence, but everyone refrained from commenting on the deadlock with the BJP.
"We follow what Guruji decides," party leader and Revenue and Land Reforms Minister Mathura Prasad Mahato told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons
- Superstar Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' hits screens; fans disappointed as tickets sold out