HRD Minister Baijnath Ram sidesteps questions on power-sharing
Ranchi: Jharkhand HRD Minister Baijnath Ram on Thursday side-stepped questions on the JMM`s claim of a power-sharing formula in the state.
"I came to discuss matters relating to my constituency," Ram said when asked whether he discussed the JMM`s claim during a meeting he had with deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren, belonging to JMM.
On Tuesday Soren had given a letter to Chief Minister Arjun Munda on the power-sharing formula, a domicile policy with the year 1932 as cut off, uplift of madrasas, a Rehabilitation and Resettlement Policy for displaced people and on regional languages.
Senior JMM leaders and party MLAs have kept calling on party supremo Shibu Soren at his residence, but everyone refrained from commenting on the deadlock with the BJP.
"We follow what Guruji decides," party leader and Revenue and Land Reforms Minister Mathura Prasad Mahato told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal