HRD Minister Baijnath Ram sidesteps questions on power-sharing
Ranchi: Jharkhand HRD Minister Baijnath Ram on Thursday side-stepped questions on the JMM`s claim of a power-sharing formula in the state.
"I came to discuss matters relating to my constituency," Ram said when asked whether he discussed the JMM`s claim during a meeting he had with deputy Chief Minister Hemant Soren, belonging to JMM.
On Tuesday Soren had given a letter to Chief Minister Arjun Munda on the power-sharing formula, a domicile policy with the year 1932 as cut off, uplift of madrasas, a Rehabilitation and Resettlement Policy for displaced people and on regional languages.
Senior JMM leaders and party MLAs have kept calling on party supremo Shibu Soren at his residence, but everyone refrained from commenting on the deadlock with the BJP.
"We follow what Guruji decides," party leader and Revenue and Land Reforms Minister Mathura Prasad Mahato told reporters.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'