Huge explosives haul made in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A huge quantity of explosives, including 350 kg of ammonium nitrate, meant to be supplied to Maoists in Jharkhand`s Pakur district, was seized from a house, police said.
"On a tip-off, police raided a house in Pakur district Thursday and recovered 180 gelatin sticks and 350 kg of ammonium nitrate. The house owner managed to escape," a police official told IANS. Pakur town is around 500 km from Ranchi.
Police suspect the explosives were meant to be supplied to Maoists. Police have launched an operation to nab the house owner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Committee flags gaps, vulnerability in Indo-Pak border fencing
- Argentine football legend Diego Maradona's passport stolen, unable to travel to Dubai
- RBI calls for ownership change of companies with sticky loan accounts
- Building a sports culture crucial to winning medals at Olympics: Pullela Gopichand
- Maharashtra, Haryana Assemblies unanimously ratify GST Bill