Huge explosives haul made in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A huge quantity of explosives, including 350 kg of ammonium nitrate, meant to be supplied to Maoists in Jharkhand`s Pakur district, was seized from a house, police said.
"On a tip-off, police raided a house in Pakur district Thursday and recovered 180 gelatin sticks and 350 kg of ammonium nitrate. The house owner managed to escape," a police official told IANS. Pakur town is around 500 km from Ranchi.
Police suspect the explosives were meant to be supplied to Maoists. Police have launched an operation to nab the house owner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert