Huge explosives haul made in Jharkhand
Ranchi: A huge quantity of explosives, including 350 kg of ammonium nitrate, meant to be supplied to Maoists in Jharkhand`s Pakur district, was seized from a house, police said.
"On a tip-off, police raided a house in Pakur district Thursday and recovered 180 gelatin sticks and 350 kg of ammonium nitrate. The house owner managed to escape," a police official told IANS. Pakur town is around 500 km from Ranchi.
Police suspect the explosives were meant to be supplied to Maoists. Police have launched an operation to nab the house owner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past