I am not afraid of naxal threat: Jairam Ramesh
Chaibasa (Jharkhand): Union Minister Jairam Ramesh on Friday dismissed naxal threat and said he would continue to make field visits in pursuit of the ongoing developmental works at different places.
"I am not afraid nor any threat could stop me from visiting places where developmental works are being taken up," the Union Rural Development Minister said here.
He was replying to a query on the reported threat issued by the CPI (Maoist) against him and some other leaders.
"My work will continue," he said after inaugurating a village road and a culvert near Saranda forests under Jaraikela police station of West Singhbhum district.
Ramesh would stay overnight to attend the convocation ceremony of the Kolhan University here tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...