I did not succumb to JMM blackmail, gave up Chair: Munda
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): Former Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Thursday alleged that `blackmailing` by the JMM had led to dismissal of the BJP led coalition government on January 8 and imposition of President`s rule.
"The government had been functioning smoothly when coalition partner JMM made some unreasonable demands and pressurized him to accept the demands. But I did not succumb to it and preferred to give up the chair instead," Munda said.
Addressing a BJP meeting at Barkatha in the district, Munda, who had resigned as chief minister on January 8, said his conscience had not permitted him to "yield to such tactics", resulting in the dismissal of the government and imposition of President`s rule.
He claimed the BJP had always made efforts to take Jharkhand in the right direction.
Reiterating his demand for dissolution of Jharkhand Assembly, Munda blamed the JMM and the Congress for the political instability in Jharkhand, "where law and order situation have deteriorated to such extent that people are feeling insecure".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!