I did not succumb to JMM blackmail, gave up Chair: Munda
Hazaribagh (Jharkhand): Former Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda on Thursday alleged that `blackmailing` by the JMM had led to dismissal of the BJP led coalition government on January 8 and imposition of President`s rule.
"The government had been functioning smoothly when coalition partner JMM made some unreasonable demands and pressurized him to accept the demands. But I did not succumb to it and preferred to give up the chair instead," Munda said.
Addressing a BJP meeting at Barkatha in the district, Munda, who had resigned as chief minister on January 8, said his conscience had not permitted him to "yield to such tactics", resulting in the dismissal of the government and imposition of President`s rule.
He claimed the BJP had always made efforts to take Jharkhand in the right direction.
Reiterating his demand for dissolution of Jharkhand Assembly, Munda blamed the JMM and the Congress for the political instability in Jharkhand, "where law and order situation have deteriorated to such extent that people are feeling insecure".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Borussia Dortmund deny reports of Manchester City's EUR 70 million bid for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Kapil Sharma aka Kappu's Twitter account 'hacked'! – Know who did it
- More than 37,000 flee South Sudan for Uganda: UN
- World to end in a global apocalypse this Friday on July 29?
- First Haj flight from Uttar Pradesh to take off on August 10