I work for the people: Soren
Ranchi: Keeping everyone guessing about his intentions on the formation of a new government in Jharkhand, JMM chief Shibu Soren on Thursday said that he "worked for the people as a social worker and not as a politician."
"I work for the people... I don`t go to anybody nor do I call anybody," Soren told a news agency apparently referring to the lingering stalemate over the vexed issue of government formation.
He evaded giving a clear reply on the BJP`s insistence of heading the government for the remaining four-and-a-half year term and his party`s demand for a rotational government.
"Jharkhand was destined to be created, and I have struggled hard for this... but things did not happen as desired," the JMM chief, popularly known as Guruji, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'