I work for the people: Soren
Ranchi: Keeping everyone guessing about his intentions on the formation of a new government in Jharkhand, JMM chief Shibu Soren on Thursday said that he "worked for the people as a social worker and not as a politician."
"I work for the people... I don`t go to anybody nor do I call anybody," Soren told a news agency apparently referring to the lingering stalemate over the vexed issue of government formation.
He evaded giving a clear reply on the BJP`s insistence of heading the government for the remaining four-and-a-half year term and his party`s demand for a rotational government.
"Jharkhand was destined to be created, and I have struggled hard for this... but things did not happen as desired," the JMM chief, popularly known as Guruji, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video