I work for the people: Soren
Ranchi: Keeping everyone guessing about his intentions on the formation of a new government in Jharkhand, JMM chief Shibu Soren on Thursday said that he "worked for the people as a social worker and not as a politician."
"I work for the people... I don`t go to anybody nor do I call anybody," Soren told a news agency apparently referring to the lingering stalemate over the vexed issue of government formation.
He evaded giving a clear reply on the BJP`s insistence of heading the government for the remaining four-and-a-half year term and his party`s demand for a rotational government.
"Jharkhand was destined to be created, and I have struggled hard for this... but things did not happen as desired," the JMM chief, popularly known as Guruji, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?