Idol found damaged in Hazaribagh temple
Hazaribagh: After the damage last week to
the idol of Goddess Chhinnamasta and theft of her ornaments at
Rajrappa, the statue of Lord Bhashkar at a 250-year-old Surya
temple here was found damaged today.
It was subsequently established that the damage to the
Bhashkar idol had taken place much earlier.
With the news spreading like wildfire, a huge crowd
gathered at the temple at the Chhath Talao complex in the
heart of the town which brought senior police officials,
including Superintendent of Police Pankaj Kamboj to the
spot with reinforcements.
Members of the managing committee of the temple were
questioned by the SP who instructed the Officer-in-Charge of
Sadar police station Binod Kumar Singh to register a case of
negligence against them as the clay image was damaged when the
door was locked and due to the filthy condition inside, police
Experts who were summoned from the Forensic Laboratory
of the Police training College, Hazaribagh after examination
declared that the damage was not caused recently.
The SP ordered registration of the case against the
managing committee for their negligence in not noticing the
damage and causing "public harassment".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway