IED recovered in Jharkhand
Lohardaga: Security forces recovered an improvised explosive device (IED) and other weapons on Thursday during an anti-Maoist operation in Lohardaga district, police said.
The IED weighing 30 kg was planted at a place in Pesrar block, the sources said, adding that two other weapons were also recovered from another spot.
The anti-Maoist operation in Lohardaga district was launched on Tuesday.
Lohardaga SP Jitendra Kumar Singh and a CRPF DIG reviewed the operational details with the security personnel during the day while district Deputy Commissioner Ratan Kumar reviewed developmental schemes in the rural areas, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands