IEDs recovered in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Security forces seized two improvised bombs weighing 90 kgs allegedly planted by Naxals in the forests of Latehar district in Jharkhand on Saturday.
Officials said a joint squad under the command of paramilitary CRPF was on patrol in Hehranj-Panki road and Hehranj area in the district when it detected two Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs).
The IEDs, one weighing 30 kg and the other 60 kg, were defused by CRPF bomb disposal squad later, they said adding the bombs were suspected to have been concealed by Maoists to target security forces.
An anti-land mine sweep is being conducted in the area now to sanitise the roads, a senior official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- This summer, fight Melanoma with some simple tricks!
- Wimbledon: British No. 3 Kyle Edmund faces 1st round exit.
- 'Bad cholesterol not linked to elderly deaths'
- Women's Kabaddi challenge set for debut, to begin alongside men's Pro Kabaddi
- Shahid Kapoor’s on-screen cousin 'Jassi' from 'Udta Punjab' will make you go weak in the knees – Pics inside