IEDs recovered in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Security forces seized two improvised bombs weighing 90 kgs allegedly planted by Naxals in the forests of Latehar district in Jharkhand on Saturday.
Officials said a joint squad under the command of paramilitary CRPF was on patrol in Hehranj-Panki road and Hehranj area in the district when it detected two Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs).
The IEDs, one weighing 30 kg and the other 60 kg, were defused by CRPF bomb disposal squad later, they said adding the bombs were suspected to have been concealed by Maoists to target security forces.
An anti-land mine sweep is being conducted in the area now to sanitise the roads, a senior official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened