IEDs recovered in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Security forces seized two improvised bombs weighing 90 kgs allegedly planted by Naxals in the forests of Latehar district in Jharkhand on Saturday.
Officials said a joint squad under the command of paramilitary CRPF was on patrol in Hehranj-Panki road and Hehranj area in the district when it detected two Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs).
The IEDs, one weighing 30 kg and the other 60 kg, were defused by CRPF bomb disposal squad later, they said adding the bombs were suspected to have been concealed by Maoists to target security forces.
An anti-land mine sweep is being conducted in the area now to sanitise the roads, a senior official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Curfew lifted from Kashmir's Anantnag after 49 days, remains in force in other parts
- PM Modi, Amit Shah to address CMs of BJP-ruled states
- South Africa vs New Zealand - 2nd Test, Day 1 - Live cricket score, live streaming
- India, Pak should continue dialogue to address concerns: US
- Virtual peer pressure can also spark competition