IEDs recovered in Jharkhand
Ranchi: Security forces seized two improvised bombs weighing 90 kgs allegedly planted by Naxals in the forests of Latehar district in Jharkhand on Saturday.
Officials said a joint squad under the command of paramilitary CRPF was on patrol in Hehranj-Panki road and Hehranj area in the district when it detected two Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs).
The IEDs, one weighing 30 kg and the other 60 kg, were defused by CRPF bomb disposal squad later, they said adding the bombs were suspected to have been concealed by Maoists to target security forces.
An anti-land mine sweep is being conducted in the area now to sanitise the roads, a senior official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH