Illegal coal mining will be stopped at any cost: Jharkhand DGP
Hazaribagh: Instructions have been given to the SPs of five districts to control illegal coal mining in their areas, Jharkhand police Chief Rajiv Kumar said on Saturday.
“We have taken a decision that illegal mining should be curbed at any cost,” the DGP said here.
Stating that the decision was taken at a meeting chaired by Chief Secretary Sajal Chakraborty in Ranchi yesterday, Kumar said the Superintendents of police of Ramgarh Hazaribagh, Dhanbad, Bokaro and Giridih were given the necessary instructions and guidelines to control illegal coal mining.
Chakraborty had directed to set up task force in the coal belt and ensure GPS monitor of coal-laden trucks to check smuggling.
The Vigilance Bureau is investigating coal smuggling on the direction of Chief Minister Hemant Soren.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das