Illegal coal mining will be stopped at any cost: Jharkhand DGP
Hazaribagh: Instructions have been given to the SPs of five districts to control illegal coal mining in their areas, Jharkhand police Chief Rajiv Kumar said on Saturday.
“We have taken a decision that illegal mining should be curbed at any cost,” the DGP said here.
Stating that the decision was taken at a meeting chaired by Chief Secretary Sajal Chakraborty in Ranchi yesterday, Kumar said the Superintendents of police of Ramgarh Hazaribagh, Dhanbad, Bokaro and Giridih were given the necessary instructions and guidelines to control illegal coal mining.
Chakraborty had directed to set up task force in the coal belt and ensure GPS monitor of coal-laden trucks to check smuggling.
The Vigilance Bureau is investigating coal smuggling on the direction of Chief Minister Hemant Soren.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?