Inder Singh Namdhari escapes Maoist attack
Ranchi : Independent MP and former Jharkhand
Assembly Speaker Inder Singh Namdhari today escaped a Maoist
attack in Latehar district, the police said.
Namdhari was returning to Medininagar, the headquarters
town of Palamau when a big explosion took place moments after
his car passed the area under Garu police station in Latehar
district, Inspector General of Police R K Malik told agency here.
"There was an explosion near Garu when the MP?s car was
passing. The MP`s car safely passed. (But) the police escort
car has come under the impact of the explosion. Additional
forces have rushed to spot," he said and added casualties were
feared on the police side.
The MP has reached safely Medininagar, the IGP said.
Namdhari was returning after inaugurating a college in
Contacted, Namdhari said he was returning after
attending a function in Latehar when his car shook under the
impact of the explosion.
"My escort car was behind my car when we heard the
explosion. My driver speeded away after the blast," Namdhari
told agency over phone after safely reaching Medininagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan