Inder Singh Namdhari escapes Maoist attack
Ranchi : Independent MP and former Jharkhand
Assembly Speaker Inder Singh Namdhari today escaped a Maoist
attack in Latehar district, the police said.
Namdhari was returning to Medininagar, the headquarters
town of Palamau when a big explosion took place moments after
his car passed the area under Garu police station in Latehar
district, Inspector General of Police R K Malik told agency here.
"There was an explosion near Garu when the MP?s car was
passing. The MP`s car safely passed. (But) the police escort
car has come under the impact of the explosion. Additional
forces have rushed to spot," he said and added casualties were
feared on the police side.
The MP has reached safely Medininagar, the IGP said.
Namdhari was returning after inaugurating a college in
Contacted, Namdhari said he was returning after
attending a function in Latehar when his car shook under the
impact of the explosion.
"My escort car was behind my car when we heard the
explosion. My driver speeded away after the blast," Namdhari
told agency over phone after safely reaching Medininagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof