‘Industrialist R K Agarwal not to be handcuffed’
Ranchi: A special CBI court on Thursday directed that industrialist R K Agarwal, one of the accused in horse trading charges, should not be handcuffed and his security be tightened.
The court of R K Choudhary passed the orders after Agarwal petitioned that he be brought to court from jail in a separate van and without handcuffs.
Agarwal also prayed for adequate security in the jail following alleged threat to his life.
He is in judicial custody after the CBI had on May 14 arrested him in connection with the horse trading case pertaining to the 2012 Rajya Sabha elections.
The elections for two seats were countermanded and held afresh after the police seizure of Rs 2.15 crore from a car in Ranchi on polling day.
The FIR had alleged that the car belonged to one of his relatives.
Agarwal, who is the president of the Singhbhum Chamber of Commerce and Industry, was one of the two independent candidates in that countermanded elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal