Industrialist RK Agarwal in 3-day remand for interrogation
Jamshedpur: The CBI was on Wednesday allowed to take industrialist RK Agarwal on a three-day remand for interrogation in connection with the alleged horse-trading during last year`s Rajya Sabha election, a CBI official here said.
An independent candidate in the 2012 RS election, Agarwal was produced before the court of Special CBI judge R K Chaudhary in Ranchi and the court remanded him in a three-day custody for interrogation, Dy SP (CBI) AK Jha, investigating officer of the case, said.
In its petition, CBI had sought a five-day remand of Agarwal, who was also the president of Singhbhum Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCI), but was granted a three-day remand.
Agarwal, who was allegedly involved in horse-trading during the 2012 biennial election in the state, was arrested by the CBI sleuths from near a local court in Ranchi yesterday.
Earlier, the special CBI court had last Tuesday cancelled the bail of Agarwal.
The court had cancelled the bail on request of the investigating agency, which claimed that the lower court had granted bail to Agarwal despite evidence against him under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
Agarwal was granted bail by the lower court despite strong opposition by the CBI. The court had granted bail on two surety payments of Rs 15,000 each.
About Rs 2.15 crore was seized from an aide of Agarwal on the day of polling, forcing the Election commission to countermand the election.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: Rare CCTV video of Ajmal Kasab and other terrorists of 26/11 Mumbai attacks
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate