Industrialist RK Agarwal in 3-day remand for interrogation
Jamshedpur: The CBI was on Wednesday allowed to take industrialist RK Agarwal on a three-day remand for interrogation in connection with the alleged horse-trading during last year`s Rajya Sabha election, a CBI official here said.
An independent candidate in the 2012 RS election, Agarwal was produced before the court of Special CBI judge R K Chaudhary in Ranchi and the court remanded him in a three-day custody for interrogation, Dy SP (CBI) AK Jha, investigating officer of the case, said.
In its petition, CBI had sought a five-day remand of Agarwal, who was also the president of Singhbhum Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCI), but was granted a three-day remand.
Agarwal, who was allegedly involved in horse-trading during the 2012 biennial election in the state, was arrested by the CBI sleuths from near a local court in Ranchi yesterday.
Earlier, the special CBI court had last Tuesday cancelled the bail of Agarwal.
The court had cancelled the bail on request of the investigating agency, which claimed that the lower court had granted bail to Agarwal despite evidence against him under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
Agarwal was granted bail by the lower court despite strong opposition by the CBI. The court had granted bail on two surety payments of Rs 15,000 each.
About Rs 2.15 crore was seized from an aide of Agarwal on the day of polling, forcing the Election commission to countermand the election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why