INTUC supports the strike, but its TELCO unit pleads ignorance
Jamshedpur: Amidst the threat of strict action by Jharkhand Pradesh Congress Committee, the Indian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC) was in a state of bind over whether to support the two-day strike called by various trade unions as INTUC-affiliated `Tata Workers Union` (TWU) pleaded ignorance about the strike.
"Neither am I aware of the strike nor was I intimated about it by the leadership," said P N Singh, President of INTUC-affiliated TWU.
"We cannot take part in strike only because some central leadership decided to support the strike," Singh told a news agency when asked whether the TWU affiliated to INTUC would take part in the strike beginning from tomorrow.
On the contrary, INTUC Secretary Rakeshwar Pandey said the union will be part of the shut-down as per the decision taken by the central leadership.
"It is irrelevant," Pandey, President of over a dozen labor unions in and around Jamshedpur including Jemco Workers Union, TAYO Workers Union, when told about JPCC President Pradip Kumar Balmuchu?s threat to initiate stringent action against anyone from Congress having participated in the strike called in protest against the anti-labour policy.
The issue was decided by the central leadership of INTUC, he said wonedring how can Balmuchu issue such directive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid