Investigate murder of nun in Jharkhand: Amnesty
London: Indian authorities must ensure a thorough investigation into the recent killing of a nun who had worked for the rights of ‘adivasi’ indigenous communities in
Jharkahnd, Amnesty International said on Friday.
Valsa John, 52, is the fourth social activist to have been killed in unexplained circumstances in India this year, the global human rights body said.
She was axed to death in her home in the eastern state of Jharkhand on the night of 15 November.
"Valsa John appears to have been murdered in connection with her human rights work," said Sam Zarifi, Amnesty International`s Asia-Pacific director.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Indian cricketers are getting married in Twenty20 mode
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death