IPS officer dismissed in Jharkhand
Ranchi: IPS officer PS Natarajan, who was
suspended in connection with a sex scandal showed by TV
channels, was on Saturday dismissed from services, a senior official in the home department said on Saturday.
"He has been dismissed with immediate effect," the
officer told PTI.
Two TV channels showed a footage of the 1975 batch IPS
officer in a compromising position with a married tribal
woman on July 30, 2005.
This led to his suspension, filing of an FIR against him
and his subsequent surrender before a local court in
connection with the case, sources said.
Natarajan was not available for comment.
However, the daughter of a class three state government
employee, the woman faces charges of having Maoist link.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- PM Modi gifts Iran's Supreme leader Ayatollah Khamenei reproduction of rare Quran manuscript
- Left Front to hit the streets against post-poll violence
- 45 union ministers to tour UP on Modi government's second anniversary
- Man who tried shaking hands with lion sent to jail in Hyderabad
- Congress planning to digitalise photographs, speeches of Indira Gandhi