IPS officer dismissed in Jharkhand
Ranchi: IPS officer PS Natarajan, who was
suspended in connection with a sex scandal showed by TV
channels, was on Saturday dismissed from services, a senior official in the home department said on Saturday.
"He has been dismissed with immediate effect," the
officer told PTI.
Two TV channels showed a footage of the 1975 batch IPS
officer in a compromising position with a married tribal
woman on July 30, 2005.
This led to his suspension, filing of an FIR against him
and his subsequent surrender before a local court in
connection with the case, sources said.
Natarajan was not available for comment.
However, the daughter of a class three state government
employee, the woman faces charges of having Maoist link.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi