IPS officer dismissed in Jharkhand
Ranchi: IPS officer PS Natarajan, who was
suspended in connection with a sex scandal showed by TV
channels, was on Saturday dismissed from services, a senior official in the home department said on Saturday.
"He has been dismissed with immediate effect," the
officer told PTI.
Two TV channels showed a footage of the 1975 batch IPS
officer in a compromising position with a married tribal
woman on July 30, 2005.
This led to his suspension, filing of an FIR against him
and his subsequent surrender before a local court in
connection with the case, sources said.
Natarajan was not available for comment.
However, the daughter of a class three state government
employee, the woman faces charges of having Maoist link.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- WATCH: On this day in 1983, Kapil Dev's India were crowned world champion
- `Narasimha Rao used IB to keep an eye on Sonia Gandhi after Babri Masjid demolition`
- Iceland elects new president in vote eclipsed by Euros, Brexit
- We don't need people like Mukhtar Ansari in party: Akhilesh Yadav
- Talent is unstoppable! Alia Bhatt aspires for Hollywood