IPS officer dismissed in Jharkhand
Ranchi: IPS officer PS Natarajan, who was
suspended in connection with a sex scandal showed by TV
channels, was on Saturday dismissed from services, a senior official in the home department said on Saturday.
"He has been dismissed with immediate effect," the
officer told PTI.
Two TV channels showed a footage of the 1975 batch IPS
officer in a compromising position with a married tribal
woman on July 30, 2005.
This led to his suspension, filing of an FIR against him
and his subsequent surrender before a local court in
connection with the case, sources said.
Natarajan was not available for comment.
However, the daughter of a class three state government
employee, the woman faces charges of having Maoist link.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi