IRB jawan allegedly shots himself
Jamshedpur: A jawan of Indian Reserve Battalion allegedly shot himself in the copper township of Musabandi, about 40 km from here, police sources said on Tuesday.
The jawan identified as Baleshwar Das, a resident of Deoghar district allegedly shot at himself with his service rifle and sustained injuries in the leg late last night, the sources said.
Das was immediately taken to a nearby hospital but the doctors referred him to government-run M G M hospital here, where he was admitted, sources said.
Prima facie, sources said, the jawan seemed to have shot at himself due to depression.
Further investigation was on, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves