IRB jawan allegedly shots himself
Jamshedpur: A jawan of Indian Reserve Battalion allegedly shot himself in the copper township of Musabandi, about 40 km from here, police sources said on Tuesday.
The jawan identified as Baleshwar Das, a resident of Deoghar district allegedly shot at himself with his service rifle and sustained injuries in the leg late last night, the sources said.
Das was immediately taken to a nearby hospital but the doctors referred him to government-run M G M hospital here, where he was admitted, sources said.
Prima facie, sources said, the jawan seemed to have shot at himself due to depression.
Further investigation was on, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...