IRB jawan allegedly shots himself
Jamshedpur: A jawan of Indian Reserve Battalion allegedly shot himself in the copper township of Musabandi, about 40 km from here, police sources said on Tuesday.
The jawan identified as Baleshwar Das, a resident of Deoghar district allegedly shot at himself with his service rifle and sustained injuries in the leg late last night, the sources said.
Das was immediately taken to a nearby hospital but the doctors referred him to government-run M G M hospital here, where he was admitted, sources said.
Prima facie, sources said, the jawan seemed to have shot at himself due to depression.
Further investigation was on, sources added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming