JAP personnel killed in encounter with Maoists
Jamshedpur: A Jharkhand Armed Police (JAP) personnel was on Saturday killed in an encounter with Maoists in between Jiyan and Hariyan villages in Ghatsila sub-division, police said.
The security personnel were engaged in a routine combing operation in the naxal-hit area when an encounter took place during which the Maoists started firing on them, Superintendent of Police (Rural) Devendra Thakur said.
The JAP personnel was killed in the encounter, he said.
Meanwhile, senior police officials have rushed to the spot and launched a massive operation to track down the ultras, who reportedly made a hasty retreat following the incident.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim describes West Bengal's Garden Reach as 'mini-pakistan', draws flak
- Top five health benefits of raspberries!
- Rs 100 crore mark still too far for Shah Rukh Khan's 'Fan'?
- Forest fires rage in Uttarakhand; three NDRF teams deployed
- Raids at Andhra Pradesh transport official's premises reveal assets worth Rs 800 crores