JAP personnel killed in encounter with Maoists
Jamshedpur: A Jharkhand Armed Police (JAP) personnel was on Saturday killed in an encounter with Maoists in between Jiyan and Hariyan villages in Ghatsila sub-division, police said.
The security personnel were engaged in a routine combing operation in the naxal-hit area when an encounter took place during which the Maoists started firing on them, Superintendent of Police (Rural) Devendra Thakur said.
The JAP personnel was killed in the encounter, he said.
Meanwhile, senior police officials have rushed to the spot and launched a massive operation to track down the ultras, who reportedly made a hasty retreat following the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- President tells IIT, IISc-Bangalore and IISER scholars to make India great
- Accident blocks Delhi-Howrah rail route, two dozen trains diverted
- Israel says Abbas reviving old `blood libel` against Jews
- Colombia government, FARC rebels sign ceasefire
- Subramanian Swamy now raises questions on Arvind Kejriwal's admission into IIT