JAP personnel killed in encounter with Maoists
Jamshedpur: A Jharkhand Armed Police (JAP) personnel was on Saturday killed in an encounter with Maoists in between Jiyan and Hariyan villages in Ghatsila sub-division, police said.
The security personnel were engaged in a routine combing operation in the naxal-hit area when an encounter took place during which the Maoists started firing on them, Superintendent of Police (Rural) Devendra Thakur said.
The JAP personnel was killed in the encounter, he said.
Meanwhile, senior police officials have rushed to the spot and launched a massive operation to track down the ultras, who reportedly made a hasty retreat following the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert