Jawans fighting Naxals will get quality shoes
Ranchi: Jawans posted with the camp at Chak village in Palamau district will get quality shoes used in the jungles during anti-naxal operations, police said on Sunday.
"The jawans posted with the CRPF camp at Chak will very soon get quality shoes meant for treading difficult terrains in the Maoist-affected jungles," an officer said.
The decision comes close on the heels of Union Home Secretary R K Singh inspecting the camp on March 22 and took a pair of shoes and uniform used by the jawans for quality-check and found them to be "very poor".
The officer also said that the Centre has asked to deploy three additional CoBRA units to neutralise naxal groups cloistered in pockets in the state by mobilising one each from Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal and Gaya in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy