Jawans fighting Naxals will get quality shoes
Ranchi: Jawans posted with the camp at Chak village in Palamau district will get quality shoes used in the jungles during anti-naxal operations, police said on Sunday.
"The jawans posted with the CRPF camp at Chak will very soon get quality shoes meant for treading difficult terrains in the Maoist-affected jungles," an officer said.
The decision comes close on the heels of Union Home Secretary R K Singh inspecting the camp on March 22 and took a pair of shoes and uniform used by the jawans for quality-check and found them to be "very poor".
The officer also said that the Centre has asked to deploy three additional CoBRA units to neutralise naxal groups cloistered in pockets in the state by mobilising one each from Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal and Gaya in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi