Jawans fighting Naxals will get quality shoes
Ranchi: Jawans posted with the camp at Chak village in Palamau district will get quality shoes used in the jungles during anti-naxal operations, police said on Sunday.
"The jawans posted with the CRPF camp at Chak will very soon get quality shoes meant for treading difficult terrains in the Maoist-affected jungles," an officer said.
The decision comes close on the heels of Union Home Secretary R K Singh inspecting the camp on March 22 and took a pair of shoes and uniform used by the jawans for quality-check and found them to be "very poor".
The officer also said that the Centre has asked to deploy three additional CoBRA units to neutralise naxal groups cloistered in pockets in the state by mobilising one each from Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal and Gaya in Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video