JD(U) asks its two MLAs to vote against trust vote
Ranchi: The Janata Dal(U) on Wednesday directed its two MLAs in the Jharkhand Assembly to vote against the Hemant Soren-led government during the vote of confidence tomorrow.
"The party`s national leadership has asked MLAs Gopal Krishna Patar and Sudha Choudhary to vote against the government in tomorrow`s floor test," senior leader of the JDU`s Jharkhand unit, Pramod Mishra, said here.
The two MLAs could not be contacted as their mobile phones were switched off.
The JDU is a traditional rival of the RJD in the JMM-led government, while its leader and Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar recently snapped ties with the BJP, which is in the opposition in the Jharkhand Assembly.
The new government gave a list of 43 MLAs in the 82- member house to Governor Syed Ahmed while staking claim on July 9.
Soren took oath on July 17 along with a minister each from the Congress and the RJD.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials