Jewellers on fast in Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: Over 300 jewellers and bullion traders on Tuesday resorted to a day-long fast in protest against the union government’s budgetary proposals of doubling import duty on gold and imposition of excise duty on unbranded jewellery.
Supported by various trade associations including
Singhbhum Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCI), the fasting
jewelers and traders described the proposals as a "tough blow"
to the gem and jewellery Sector.
The ulterior motive was to promote branded jewellery,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- DNA: Sheena Bora's murder case- Know how the mystery unfolded!
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport