Jewellers on fast in Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: Over 300 jewellers and bullion traders on Tuesday resorted to a day-long fast in protest against the union government’s budgetary proposals of doubling import duty on gold and imposition of excise duty on unbranded jewellery.
Supported by various trade associations including
Singhbhum Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCI), the fasting
jewelers and traders described the proposals as a "tough blow"
to the gem and jewellery Sector.
The ulterior motive was to promote branded jewellery,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Donald Trump is not speaking for broad base of the country: Barack Obama
- Attack on security forces in Valley a proxy war from across border: J&K govt
- Air pollution kills six million people every year: Study
- It's not about me or Ravi Shastri, it's about Indian players: Anil Kumble
- 8 ultimate reasons to drink buttermilk every day!