Jewellers on fast in Jamshedpur
Jamshedpur: Over 300 jewellers and bullion traders on Tuesday resorted to a day-long fast in protest against the union government’s budgetary proposals of doubling import duty on gold and imposition of excise duty on unbranded jewellery.
Supported by various trade associations including
Singhbhum Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCI), the fasting
jewelers and traders described the proposals as a "tough blow"
to the gem and jewellery Sector.
The ulterior motive was to promote branded jewellery,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday