Jharkhand: 1 dead, another missing in coal mine accident
Bokaro (Jharkhand): A miner was on Tuesday killed while an official went missing after water gushed into a coal mine of the Central Coalfields Limited (CCL) in Bokaro district during excavation of coal.
The body of mining sirdar (Ed correct) Abhay Kant Yadav was fished out by the rescue team from the Dhori-Khas underground mine in Bermo coalfield area, an official of the CCL said at Ranchi.
Under the supervision of senior officials, a rescue team was trying to locate manager PK Singh, he said.
As the first shift was nearing to end around 1 pm, suddenly large volumes of water gushed into the inclined pit following a blast triggered for mining coal, sweeping away the two, the official said.
Other miners managed to come out, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory