Jharkhand: 1 dead, another missing in coal mine accident
Bokaro (Jharkhand): A miner was on Tuesday killed while an official went missing after water gushed into a coal mine of the Central Coalfields Limited (CCL) in Bokaro district during excavation of coal.
The body of mining sirdar (Ed correct) Abhay Kant Yadav was fished out by the rescue team from the Dhori-Khas underground mine in Bermo coalfield area, an official of the CCL said at Ranchi.
Under the supervision of senior officials, a rescue team was trying to locate manager PK Singh, he said.
As the first shift was nearing to end around 1 pm, suddenly large volumes of water gushed into the inclined pit following a blast triggered for mining coal, sweeping away the two, the official said.
Other miners managed to come out, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi