Jharkhand: 1 dead, another missing in coal mine accident
Bokaro (Jharkhand): A miner was on Tuesday killed while an official went missing after water gushed into a coal mine of the Central Coalfields Limited (CCL) in Bokaro district during excavation of coal.
The body of mining sirdar (Ed correct) Abhay Kant Yadav was fished out by the rescue team from the Dhori-Khas underground mine in Bermo coalfield area, an official of the CCL said at Ranchi.
Under the supervision of senior officials, a rescue team was trying to locate manager PK Singh, he said.
As the first shift was nearing to end around 1 pm, suddenly large volumes of water gushed into the inclined pit following a blast triggered for mining coal, sweeping away the two, the official said.
Other miners managed to come out, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi