Jharkhand: 10 killed, 2 injured in Maoist attack
Ranchi: Ten persons, including eight
policemen, were killed and two policemen were injured on Saturday
when Maoists attacked the convoy of MP and former Jharkhand
Speaker Inder Singh Namdhari, who escaped unhurt in Latehar
"Maoists triggered an IED blast and then opened fire on
the security vehicle which was following Namdhari`s car at
Ladu More in the district," Director General of Police GS
Six policemen, including Assistant Sub-Inspector Bhim
Tudu, and two civilians were killed on the spot, Latehar SP B
D Sharma said.
Palamau SP Sudhir Kumar Jha said two among the four
injured policemen, who were admitted to a hospital in
Medininagar, later succumbed to their injuries.
The attack took place when the MP was returning from a
function at Mahuatand, IGP (Operation) R K Malik said.
Namdhari said his escort vehicle was caught in the blast
but his car was able to speed away.
Latehar Additional SP B Chandramohan said the attack took
place at around 5:30 PM in the dense forest areas near Project
Tiger at Palamau which came hours before Maoist`s call for a
two-day Bharat Bandh from midnight tonight.
Chandramohan said all police stations were alerted and a
massive combing operation would be carried out in Palamau
division under which Latehar falls.
About a hundred Maoists had reportedly gathered in
Latehar yesterday and pledged revenge for the killing of their
top leader Kishanji in neighbouring West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India