Jharkhand: 10 killed, 2 injured in Maoist attack
Ranchi: Ten persons, including eight
policemen, were killed and two policemen were injured on Saturday
when Maoists attacked the convoy of MP and former Jharkhand
Speaker Inder Singh Namdhari, who escaped unhurt in Latehar
"Maoists triggered an IED blast and then opened fire on
the security vehicle which was following Namdhari`s car at
Ladu More in the district," Director General of Police GS
Six policemen, including Assistant Sub-Inspector Bhim
Tudu, and two civilians were killed on the spot, Latehar SP B
D Sharma said.
Palamau SP Sudhir Kumar Jha said two among the four
injured policemen, who were admitted to a hospital in
Medininagar, later succumbed to their injuries.
The attack took place when the MP was returning from a
function at Mahuatand, IGP (Operation) R K Malik said.
Namdhari said his escort vehicle was caught in the blast
but his car was able to speed away.
Latehar Additional SP B Chandramohan said the attack took
place at around 5:30 PM in the dense forest areas near Project
Tiger at Palamau which came hours before Maoist`s call for a
two-day Bharat Bandh from midnight tonight.
Chandramohan said all police stations were alerted and a
massive combing operation would be carried out in Palamau
division under which Latehar falls.
About a hundred Maoists had reportedly gathered in
Latehar yesterday and pledged revenge for the killing of their
top leader Kishanji in neighbouring West Bengal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!