Jharkhand: 10-year-old elephant rescued from well
Jamshedpur: Prompt action by forest department officials ensured the rescue of a 10-year-old wild elephant that fell into a well in Gauri village in adjoining Saraikela-Kharswan district late last night.
The incident occurred when a herd of over 30 wild elephants arrived in the village in search of food but one of them accidentally fell into the well situated in the house of
a villager, A T Mishra, Divisional Forest Officer, Saraikela said today.
Mishra said a forest department team led by him rushed to the spot and dug a 15 metre long tunnel alongside the well with the help of an excavator and rescued the tusker.
No injury was caused to the elephant during the operation, which lasted for about four hours this morning, he said.
However, the herd, which returned to the Dalma Forest, damaged crops and some mud houses, Mishra said adding that the rescued elephant was sent back into the forest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested