Jharkhand: 12 dead in stampede at Sri Thakur’s ashram
Ranchi: In a tragic incident, twelve persons lost their lives after they were tapped in a stampede at an ashram in Deoghar district of Jharkhand on Monday.
The tragedy occurred when over one lakh devotees assembled at the samadhi of Sri Sri Thakur Anukulchandra for the annual birthday celebrations of the revered guru.
The massive rush and lack of proper arrangements to manage the crowd led to a stampede that left nine people dead, eight of the dead are women.
Besides the dead, atleast 30 others were injured in the milieu and have been rushed to nearby hospitals.
The Jharkhand tragedy has once again highlighted the lack of proper arrangements at religious gatherings in the country.
Yesterday, three people had lost their lives in a similar incident in Mathura.
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success