Jharkhand: 12 dead in stampede at Sri Thakur’s ashram
Ranchi: In a tragic incident, twelve persons lost their lives after they were tapped in a stampede at an ashram in Deoghar district of Jharkhand on Monday.
The tragedy occurred when over one lakh devotees assembled at the samadhi of Sri Sri Thakur Anukulchandra for the annual birthday celebrations of the revered guru.
The massive rush and lack of proper arrangements to manage the crowd led to a stampede that left nine people dead, eight of the dead are women.
Besides the dead, atleast 30 others were injured in the milieu and have been rushed to nearby hospitals.
The Jharkhand tragedy has once again highlighted the lack of proper arrangements at religious gatherings in the country.
Yesterday, three people had lost their lives in a similar incident in Mathura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III