Jharkhand: 12 dead in stampede at Sri Thakur’s ashram
Ranchi: In a tragic incident, twelve persons lost their lives after they were tapped in a stampede at an ashram in Deoghar district of Jharkhand on Monday.
The tragedy occurred when over one lakh devotees assembled at the samadhi of Sri Sri Thakur Anukulchandra for the annual birthday celebrations of the revered guru.
The massive rush and lack of proper arrangements to manage the crowd led to a stampede that left nine people dead, eight of the dead are women.
Besides the dead, atleast 30 others were injured in the milieu and have been rushed to nearby hospitals.
The Jharkhand tragedy has once again highlighted the lack of proper arrangements at religious gatherings in the country.
Yesterday, three people had lost their lives in a similar incident in Mathura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!