Jharkhand: 12 dead in stampede at Sri Thakur’s ashram
Ranchi: In a tragic incident, twelve persons lost their lives after they were tapped in a stampede at an ashram in Deoghar district of Jharkhand on Monday.
The tragedy occurred when over one lakh devotees assembled at the samadhi of Sri Sri Thakur Anukulchandra for the annual birthday celebrations of the revered guru.
The massive rush and lack of proper arrangements to manage the crowd led to a stampede that left nine people dead, eight of the dead are women.
Besides the dead, atleast 30 others were injured in the milieu and have been rushed to nearby hospitals.
The Jharkhand tragedy has once again highlighted the lack of proper arrangements at religious gatherings in the country.
Yesterday, three people had lost their lives in a similar incident in Mathura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees