Jharkhand: 20-kg can bomb recovered, Maoist nabbed
Khunti: Security forces recovered a 20-kg
can bomb while a suspected Maoist was arrested in separate
incidents in Khunti district of Jharkhand on Saturday.
A police team unearthed the bomb, planted on the route
between Mosanga and Masdih villages, apparently targetting the
security forces, Superintendent of Police Manoj Kaushik told
The explosive was defused later.
In another incident, a Maoist, identified as Vipin,
was arrested during raids at Matagara village.
Vipin hailed from West Singhbum and was involved in at
least four Naxal-related cases, Kaushik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range