Jharkhand: 3 arrested for kidnapping teenagers
Thane: Police here have arrested
three persons hailing from Jharkhand who allegedly kidnapped
three teenagers from that state and forced them into stealing
at crowded places in Kalyan and surrounding areas.
PSI S S Shirke, of the Bazarpeth Police station in Kalyan
said that the trio picked up the hapless children and
threatened to kill their parents if they do not follow their
The police said that children were abducted from
Maharajpur of Kalyani taluka of Jharkhand and brought to
Kalyan some days back. Here, they were forced into stealing
mobile phones and pickpocketing. Part of the money received
through the stealing was shared with the children.
The police have arrested Vishal Mahto (21); Raju Tamed
(22) and Vicky Mahato (19) under sections 363 (a)(1) of the
IPC and a police team from Kalyan has gone to Jharkhand for
The three children have been rescued and would be sent to
their village in Jharkhand, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- India's ceasefire violations threat to regional peace and security: Nawaz Sharif
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda