Jharkhand: 3 arrested for kidnapping teenagers
Thane: Police here have arrested
three persons hailing from Jharkhand who allegedly kidnapped
three teenagers from that state and forced them into stealing
at crowded places in Kalyan and surrounding areas.
PSI S S Shirke, of the Bazarpeth Police station in Kalyan
said that the trio picked up the hapless children and
threatened to kill their parents if they do not follow their
The police said that children were abducted from
Maharajpur of Kalyani taluka of Jharkhand and brought to
Kalyan some days back. Here, they were forced into stealing
mobile phones and pickpocketing. Part of the money received
through the stealing was shared with the children.
The police have arrested Vishal Mahto (21); Raju Tamed
(22) and Vicky Mahato (19) under sections 363 (a)(1) of the
IPC and a police team from Kalyan has gone to Jharkhand for
The three children have been rescued and would be sent to
their village in Jharkhand, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report