Jharkhand: 5 Maoists held with huge cache of arms
Daltonganj: In a major success for security forces, the Jharkhand Police has arrested five Maoists with a huge cache of arms and ammunitions from Palamu district of the state.
The police had received information about a group of Maoists hiding in a village with arms and ammunitions.
A senior police official spoke to media on Wednesday about the operation during which the People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) rebels were arrested.
"Upon receiving a tip off from villagers an operation was planned by senior police officials under whom two teams were formed. Inspectors of Panki and Lesliganj led the search operation in the area during which these Maoists were chased and arrested," said Apoorva, Assistant Superintendent of Police.
He also informed about the arms and ammunition recovered from the arrested ultras.
"We have seized five 315 rifles, two 12 bore rifles, one carbine, one revolver, one 9 mm country made pistol other than cache of bullets. We have also seized their personal belongings like uniforms, mobile phones etc. We are considering this operation as a major success," he said.
In the past few years, the rebels have stepped up their efforts against the government after various locals complained that Maoist activities such as extortion, abductions and killing had increased considerably in the area. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?