Jharkhand: 5 Maoists held with huge cache of arms
Daltonganj: In a major success for security forces, the Jharkhand Police has arrested five Maoists with a huge cache of arms and ammunitions from Palamu district of the state.
The police had received information about a group of Maoists hiding in a village with arms and ammunitions.
A senior police official spoke to media on Wednesday about the operation during which the People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI) rebels were arrested.
"Upon receiving a tip off from villagers an operation was planned by senior police officials under whom two teams were formed. Inspectors of Panki and Lesliganj led the search operation in the area during which these Maoists were chased and arrested," said Apoorva, Assistant Superintendent of Police.
He also informed about the arms and ammunition recovered from the arrested ultras.
"We have seized five 315 rifles, two 12 bore rifles, one carbine, one revolver, one 9 mm country made pistol other than cache of bullets. We have also seized their personal belongings like uniforms, mobile phones etc. We are considering this operation as a major success," he said.
In the past few years, the rebels have stepped up their efforts against the government after various locals complained that Maoist activities such as extortion, abductions and killing had increased considerably in the area. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH