Jharkhand: `Absent` doctors face one day salary cu
Latehar: A day`s wage of five doctors would be deducted as they were found `absent` at the Latehar Sadar Hospital, official sources said here on Monday.
Not finding the hospital`s Deputy Superintendent Dr Akshay Kumar, Dr Laxman Prasad, Dr Sunil Ram, Dr SC Hansda and Dr N N Kandulna during a surprise check this afternoon, Deputy Commissioner Aradhana Patnaik directed that a day`s wage would be deducted from their salary, the sources said.
Indignant over non-functioning of ultra sound and X-ray machines, Patnaik directed the hospital authorities to repair them within 24 hours and make medicines available for the patients.
She also asked the medical staff to keep clean hospital premises, which was in an unhygienic state, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video