Jharkhand: `Absent` doctors face one day salary cu
Latehar: A day`s wage of five doctors would be deducted as they were found `absent` at the Latehar Sadar Hospital, official sources said here on Monday.
Not finding the hospital`s Deputy Superintendent Dr Akshay Kumar, Dr Laxman Prasad, Dr Sunil Ram, Dr SC Hansda and Dr N N Kandulna during a surprise check this afternoon, Deputy Commissioner Aradhana Patnaik directed that a day`s wage would be deducted from their salary, the sources said.
Indignant over non-functioning of ultra sound and X-ray machines, Patnaik directed the hospital authorities to repair them within 24 hours and make medicines available for the patients.
She also asked the medical staff to keep clean hospital premises, which was in an unhygienic state, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen