Jharkhand: `Absent` doctors face one day salary cu
Latehar: A day`s wage of five doctors would be deducted as they were found `absent` at the Latehar Sadar Hospital, official sources said here on Monday.
Not finding the hospital`s Deputy Superintendent Dr Akshay Kumar, Dr Laxman Prasad, Dr Sunil Ram, Dr SC Hansda and Dr N N Kandulna during a surprise check this afternoon, Deputy Commissioner Aradhana Patnaik directed that a day`s wage would be deducted from their salary, the sources said.
Indignant over non-functioning of ultra sound and X-ray machines, Patnaik directed the hospital authorities to repair them within 24 hours and make medicines available for the patients.
She also asked the medical staff to keep clean hospital premises, which was in an unhygienic state, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY