Jharkhand: `Absent` doctors face one day salary cu
Latehar: A day`s wage of five doctors would be deducted as they were found `absent` at the Latehar Sadar Hospital, official sources said here on Monday.
Not finding the hospital`s Deputy Superintendent Dr Akshay Kumar, Dr Laxman Prasad, Dr Sunil Ram, Dr SC Hansda and Dr N N Kandulna during a surprise check this afternoon, Deputy Commissioner Aradhana Patnaik directed that a day`s wage would be deducted from their salary, the sources said.
Indignant over non-functioning of ultra sound and X-ray machines, Patnaik directed the hospital authorities to repair them within 24 hours and make medicines available for the patients.
She also asked the medical staff to keep clean hospital premises, which was in an unhygienic state, the sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times