Jharkhand: Alberta Ekka`s family pension to be hiked
Gumla: Pension of the family of Alberta Ekka is likely to be increased by five times, three days after Congress leader Rahul Gandhi was moved at the plight of the family of the soldier who died fighting in the 1971 Indo-Pak war, a Congress leader claimed.
"The family’s monthly pension has been increased from Rs 5000 to Rs 25,000," Congress leader and former MP Rameshwar Oraon claimed here yesterday.
Ekka`s son Bhisent was asked to check his passbook and inform whether the increased money was deposited or not, Oraon added.
The family is now getting Rs 5000 as pension from the Union government.
On September 26, Bhisent and his mother Baladin had met Rahul and informed him that the five-acre plot of land which had been allotted to them by the government over two decades ago turned out to be disputed.
Rahul had assured the family to help in whatever way possible.
Albert was posthumously awarded the Param Vir Chakra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune