Jharkhand: Alberta Ekka`s family pension to be hiked
Gumla: Pension of the family of Alberta Ekka is likely to be increased by five times, three days after Congress leader Rahul Gandhi was moved at the plight of the family of the soldier who died fighting in the 1971 Indo-Pak war, a Congress leader claimed.
"The family’s monthly pension has been increased from Rs 5000 to Rs 25,000," Congress leader and former MP Rameshwar Oraon claimed here yesterday.
Ekka`s son Bhisent was asked to check his passbook and inform whether the increased money was deposited or not, Oraon added.
The family is now getting Rs 5000 as pension from the Union government.
On September 26, Bhisent and his mother Baladin had met Rahul and informed him that the five-acre plot of land which had been allotted to them by the government over two decades ago turned out to be disputed.
Rahul had assured the family to help in whatever way possible.
Albert was posthumously awarded the Param Vir Chakra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read