Jharkhand: Alleged security forces’ firing kills 1
Medininagar (Jharkhand): One person was killed and another injured when security forces allegedly fired at their car after they ignored a warning to stop for checking in the Maoist-hit area of Palamu district, police said on Tuesday.
"The CRPF and the district police who were patrolling
after the Maoists called a statewide shutdown last night
opened fire on the car after the occupants ignored their call
to stop for checking at Sultani Ghati," Superintendent of
Police Anup T Mathew told a press conference here.
“Dara Singh alias Devendra Singh, who was driving the
car, died in the car while Ajit Singh suffered bullet wounds
and was referred to the Rajendra Institute of Medical
Sciences in Ranchi," the SP said.
The duo hailed from Jangop village in Bihar`s
Aurangabad district, Mathew said and added they were returning
home when the incident happened.
Admitting it as a "mistake", the SP said an FIR was
filed under section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to
murder) on the basis of the statement given by the injured
Earlier, sources in the Chhattarpur police station
said the occupants were of a bus when they came under fire.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged