Jharkhand bans production, sale of gutka, panmasala
Ranchi: Jharkhand government on Thursday banned production, distribution and sale of Gutka and panmasala in the state.
The decision was taken at the cabinet meeting, chaired by Chief Minister Arjun Munda, Cabinet Secretary N N Pandey told reporters here.
The ban, which would be effective soon after the notification of the decision, on Gutka and panmasala would cover their production, distribution and sale in the state.
A Health department report (from 2006) placed before the cabinet, has underlined the face that among all the cancer patients in Jharkhand, 25 per cent to 30 per cent suffer from mouth cancer, with Gutka and panmasala alone contributing 8 percent to 10 percent of oral cancer, Pandey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi