Jharkhand bans production, sale of gutka, panmasala
Ranchi: Jharkhand government on Thursday banned production, distribution and sale of Gutka and panmasala in the state.
The decision was taken at the cabinet meeting, chaired by Chief Minister Arjun Munda, Cabinet Secretary N N Pandey told reporters here.
The ban, which would be effective soon after the notification of the decision, on Gutka and panmasala would cover their production, distribution and sale in the state.
A Health department report (from 2006) placed before the cabinet, has underlined the face that among all the cancer patients in Jharkhand, 25 per cent to 30 per cent suffer from mouth cancer, with Gutka and panmasala alone contributing 8 percent to 10 percent of oral cancer, Pandey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees