Jharkhand bans production, sale of gutka, panmasala
Ranchi: Jharkhand government on Thursday banned production, distribution and sale of Gutka and panmasala in the state.
The decision was taken at the cabinet meeting, chaired by Chief Minister Arjun Munda, Cabinet Secretary N N Pandey told reporters here.
The ban, which would be effective soon after the notification of the decision, on Gutka and panmasala would cover their production, distribution and sale in the state.
A Health department report (from 2006) placed before the cabinet, has underlined the face that among all the cancer patients in Jharkhand, 25 per cent to 30 per cent suffer from mouth cancer, with Gutka and panmasala alone contributing 8 percent to 10 percent of oral cancer, Pandey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Not liable to repay Rs 6,000 crore debt due to breach of terms: Kingfisher Airlines
- Pakistan assures China of 'smooth progress' of economic corridor
- Ajit Jogi opens new front against Congress over Mahanadi dam
- Bangladesh's BNP to hold countrywide protest on Wednesday
- Hyderabad police mulls 'designated driver' concept to check drunken driving