Jharkhand bans production, sale of gutka, panmasala
Ranchi: Jharkhand government on Thursday banned production, distribution and sale of Gutka and panmasala in the state.
The decision was taken at the cabinet meeting, chaired by Chief Minister Arjun Munda, Cabinet Secretary N N Pandey told reporters here.
The ban, which would be effective soon after the notification of the decision, on Gutka and panmasala would cover their production, distribution and sale in the state.
A Health department report (from 2006) placed before the cabinet, has underlined the face that among all the cancer patients in Jharkhand, 25 per cent to 30 per cent suffer from mouth cancer, with Gutka and panmasala alone contributing 8 percent to 10 percent of oral cancer, Pandey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL