Jharkhand BJP demands scrapping of coal blocks to pvt parties
Jamshedpur: BJP on Monday demanded that out of 142 coal blocks, 80 blocks allocated to private parties should be scrapped for a fair probe into the alleged coal scam.
Dineshanand Goswami, president of BJP`s Jharkhand unit, said JPCC president had demanded for resignation of all BJP-ruled state chief ministers for recommending for coal blocks whereas no coal block was sanctioned on recommendations made in the interest of the respective states.
"It was rather Congress, who extended benefits to its near and dear ones as far as coal block allocation was concerned," Goswami alleged.
Referring to the Atal Bihar Vajpayee-led NDA regime between 1998-2004, Goswami said only 18 coal blocks were sanctioned during the NDA rule but the figure was whopping 80 during Manmohan Singh-led UPA-I regime and all sanctioned to private players.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Beach fresh in pastel, Priyanka Chopra exhibits simplicity in new magazine cover!
- Terrorists holed up inside building in J&K's Pulwama; 2 killed, encounter underway
- Mrinal Sen is 'absolutely fine'; family rubbishes death hoax
- Seven killed, 15 wounded in two separate road mishaps in Andhra's Prakasam
- PHOTOS: Yuvraj Singh, fiancée Hazel Keech spend quality time in London