Jharkhand BJP demands scrapping of coal blocks to pvt parties
Jamshedpur: BJP on Monday demanded that out of 142 coal blocks, 80 blocks allocated to private parties should be scrapped for a fair probe into the alleged coal scam.
Dineshanand Goswami, president of BJP`s Jharkhand unit, said JPCC president had demanded for resignation of all BJP-ruled state chief ministers for recommending for coal blocks whereas no coal block was sanctioned on recommendations made in the interest of the respective states.
"It was rather Congress, who extended benefits to its near and dear ones as far as coal block allocation was concerned," Goswami alleged.
Referring to the Atal Bihar Vajpayee-led NDA regime between 1998-2004, Goswami said only 18 coal blocks were sanctioned during the NDA rule but the figure was whopping 80 during Manmohan Singh-led UPA-I regime and all sanctioned to private players.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi
- Mercedes to have petrol option for all models in India by September
- Battled empty seats at Olympics but Rio organisers witness record as 133,000 tickets get sold in 1 day for Paralympic Games
- PM Narendra Modi's brother raises arrest of dhaba owner with Indore police chief
- Adani Food's pulses processing unit proposal in SEZ rejected