Jharkhand BJP demands scrapping of coal blocks to pvt parties
Jamshedpur: BJP on Monday demanded that out of 142 coal blocks, 80 blocks allocated to private parties should be scrapped for a fair probe into the alleged coal scam.
Dineshanand Goswami, president of BJP`s Jharkhand unit, said JPCC president had demanded for resignation of all BJP-ruled state chief ministers for recommending for coal blocks whereas no coal block was sanctioned on recommendations made in the interest of the respective states.
"It was rather Congress, who extended benefits to its near and dear ones as far as coal block allocation was concerned," Goswami alleged.
Referring to the Atal Bihar Vajpayee-led NDA regime between 1998-2004, Goswami said only 18 coal blocks were sanctioned during the NDA rule but the figure was whopping 80 during Manmohan Singh-led UPA-I regime and all sanctioned to private players.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state