Jharkhand blames DVC for power shortage
Ranchi: Facing opposition flak over frequent
and long power cuts, Jharkhand government on Saturday blamed Damodar
Valley Corporation (DVC) for power shortage in the state.
"Jharkhand has 33 per cent stake in DVC, but the state
is not getting its due energy needs. The public sector should
know that it is not obliging the state as it has legitimate
right to get power from DVC," Deputy Chief Minister Raghuvar
Das told a news conference here.
Das, who is also the energy minister, said he asked the
DVC Chairman to provide a list of benefits the corporation had
provided to the state in the past as per the DVC Act.
"I have asked DVC Chairman to give me a list with regard
to providing jobs to the people of Jharkhand," he added.
Asked why the state government had not yet cleared the
company`s dues of Rs 2,300 crore, Das said that there was some
dispute over the duties.
"We have agreed to pay Rs 100 crore. Rest money is
disputed under DVC Act," he said.
He added the state was taking steps to procure 100 MW
electricity for the last couple of months to meet the power
demand in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH