Jharkhand boy dies after alleged beating by teacher
Ranchi: An eight-year-old boy died after allegedly being beaten by a school teacher in Jharkhand, police said Monday.
According to police, parents of the boy Sujit Munda -- resident of Mandar town, near Ranchi -- alleged that their son was brutally beaten up by school teacher Arsad Ansari.
The boy was admitted to Rajendra Institute of Medical Science here after the alleged assault where he died Sunday.
The incident took place at a government school at Mandar, 40 km from Ranchi.
"We are investigating the case, if the student died due to beating then stern action will be taken against the teacher," an official of the state education department said.
"We will look into the post mortem report to affirm the reason of death," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh