Jharkhand boy dies after alleged beating by teacher
Ranchi: An eight-year-old boy died after allegedly being beaten by a school teacher in Jharkhand, police said Monday.
According to police, parents of the boy Sujit Munda -- resident of Mandar town, near Ranchi -- alleged that their son was brutally beaten up by school teacher Arsad Ansari.
The boy was admitted to Rajendra Institute of Medical Science here after the alleged assault where he died Sunday.
The incident took place at a government school at Mandar, 40 km from Ranchi.
"We are investigating the case, if the student died due to beating then stern action will be taken against the teacher," an official of the state education department said.
"We will look into the post mortem report to affirm the reason of death," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Japan's first lady makes first visit to Pearl Harbor
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Pakistan