Jharkhand boy dies after alleged beating by teacher
Ranchi: An eight-year-old boy died after allegedly being beaten by a school teacher in Jharkhand, police said Monday.
According to police, parents of the boy Sujit Munda -- resident of Mandar town, near Ranchi -- alleged that their son was brutally beaten up by school teacher Arsad Ansari.
The boy was admitted to Rajendra Institute of Medical Science here after the alleged assault where he died Sunday.
The incident took place at a government school at Mandar, 40 km from Ranchi.
"We are investigating the case, if the student died due to beating then stern action will be taken against the teacher," an official of the state education department said.
"We will look into the post mortem report to affirm the reason of death," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS