Jharkhand boy dies after alleged beating by teacher
Ranchi: An eight-year-old boy died after allegedly being beaten by a school teacher in Jharkhand, police said Monday.
According to police, parents of the boy Sujit Munda -- resident of Mandar town, near Ranchi -- alleged that their son was brutally beaten up by school teacher Arsad Ansari.
The boy was admitted to Rajendra Institute of Medical Science here after the alleged assault where he died Sunday.
The incident took place at a government school at Mandar, 40 km from Ranchi.
"We are investigating the case, if the student died due to beating then stern action will be taken against the teacher," an official of the state education department said.
"We will look into the post mortem report to affirm the reason of death," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam