Jharkhand boy dies after alleged beating by teacher
Ranchi: An eight-year-old boy died after allegedly being beaten by a school teacher in Jharkhand, police said Monday.
According to police, parents of the boy Sujit Munda -- resident of Mandar town, near Ranchi -- alleged that their son was brutally beaten up by school teacher Arsad Ansari.
The boy was admitted to Rajendra Institute of Medical Science here after the alleged assault where he died Sunday.
The incident took place at a government school at Mandar, 40 km from Ranchi.
"We are investigating the case, if the student died due to beating then stern action will be taken against the teacher," an official of the state education department said.
"We will look into the post mortem report to affirm the reason of death," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog