Jharkhand Budget presented amid din
Ranchi: Jharkhand Finance Minister Rajendra Prasad Singh on Friday presented a budget of Rs 50,387.70 crore for FY 2014-15.
The non-plan expenditure is estimated at Rs 23,632.73 crore and the plan expenditure at Rs 26,754.97 crore.
The minister, however, projected a fiscal deficit of Rs 4,913.70 crore, an estimated 2.30 per cent of the GSDP.
He said the state registered a 9.3 percent growth during the 11th Five-Year Plan and forecast 14 percent growth rate for the next fiscal.
Singh`s speech was marred by Opposition`s slogans demanding instituting a special investigation team to look into the 2012 Rajya Sabha horse trading allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh