Jharkhand Cabinet decision not binding on Guv
New Delhi: Jharkhand Cabinet`s decision recommending dissolution of the Assembly was "not binding" on the Governor as it was done by the Arjun Munda Government after being reduced to a "minority", Congress said Tuesday.
"It is not binding on the Governor to accept the recommendation of a minority government. It was crystal clear that the BJP-led government had been reduced to a minority after withdrawal of support by the JMM", senior leader Shakeel Ahmed said.
Ahmed, who is in-charge of Congress affairs in Jharkhand, said that the party would await the decision of Governor Syed Ahmed before deciding its future course of action.
Earlier in the day, Munda submitted to the Jharkhand governor the Cabinet decision recommending dissolution of the Assembly and also his resignation.
Ahmed, who had held talks with PCC Chief Pradip Balmuchu and CLP leader Rajinder Singh, had said yesterday that Congress is maintaining wait-and-watch attitude over the political developments in Jharkhand and would not to do anything before the Chief Minister resigns.
In the 82-member state assembly, BJP and JMM have 18 members each and the Munda government also enjoys the support of six members of All Jharkhand Students` Union, two of JD(U), two independents and one nominated member who has voting right in a trial of strength.
Opposition Congress has a total 13, Jharkhand Vikas Morcha(P)11 and RJD 5 members in the assembly. CPI-ML(L), Marxist Coordination Party, Jharkhand Party(Ekka), Jharkhand Janadhikar Manch and Jai Bharat Samta Party have one member each besides the support of an independent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL