Jharkhand celebrates Republic Day
Ranchi: The Republic Day celebrations were launched with fervour and amid tight security arrangements across Jharkhand.
Chief Minister Hemant Soren hoisted the tricolour at the Morabadi Ground here. He spoke of his government`s achievements in his address.
"The BPL (Below Poverty Line) families are being provided dhoti (loin cloth) and kurta (shirt) at Rs.10 under Sona Sobaran Dhoti Saro scheme," he said.
"(Around) 14,000 teachers` appointment process will be completed by the end of February. Open jail has been opened in Hazaribagh," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman