Jharkhand celebrates Republic Day
Ranchi: The Republic Day celebrations were launched with fervour and amid tight security arrangements across Jharkhand.
Chief Minister Hemant Soren hoisted the tricolour at the Morabadi Ground here. He spoke of his government`s achievements in his address.
"The BPL (Below Poverty Line) families are being provided dhoti (loin cloth) and kurta (shirt) at Rs.10 under Sona Sobaran Dhoti Saro scheme," he said.
"(Around) 14,000 teachers` appointment process will be completed by the end of February. Open jail has been opened in Hazaribagh," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year