Jharkhand celebrates Republic Day
Ranchi: The Republic Day celebrations were launched with fervour and amid tight security arrangements across Jharkhand.
Chief Minister Hemant Soren hoisted the tricolour at the Morabadi Ground here. He spoke of his government`s achievements in his address.
"The BPL (Below Poverty Line) families are being provided dhoti (loin cloth) and kurta (shirt) at Rs.10 under Sona Sobaran Dhoti Saro scheme," he said.
"(Around) 14,000 teachers` appointment process will be completed by the end of February. Open jail has been opened in Hazaribagh," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city