Jharkhand Central University suspends 11 students from hostels
Ranchi: Eleven students of Central University of Jharkhand (CUJ) were on Monday suspended from their hostels and asked to vacate rooms for their alleged involvement in a group clash in the varsity campus.
The decision was taken on the Central University of Jharkhand (CUJ) were today suspended from their hostels and asked to vacate rooms for their alleged involvement in a group clash in the varsity campus basis of prima facie evidence followed by eyewitnesses` statement, a CUJ press release said here.
The 11 were found involved in student group clashes on March 9 in the campus, it said, adding that they have been asked to vacate their hostel rooms within 24 hours till further notice.
An inquiry committee has been set up to investigate the incident. It will submit its report within a week, the press release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj