Jharkhand CID to probe rape, murder of two girls
Ranchi: Jharkhand Crime Investigation Department (CID) will now investigate the rape and murder of two girls in Deoghar district last month, an official said on Tuesday.
The bodies of the two girls were found on the night of May 26 from a pond falling within the jurisdiction of Jasidih police, in Deoghar district, around 300 km from Ranchi.
Although police made one arrest in this connection, no headway was made in the probe.
"The state CID will now investigate the case," Anand Shankar, advisor to Jharkhand Governor Syed Ahmed told reporters in Deoghar district on Tuesday.
The state is under President`s Rule, which is set to end July 18, when the six-month limit for such central rule ends.
Family members of the two dead girls expressed their unhappiness over the investigations by the state police. "We seek CBI probe into the case. We will meet the governor and request him to hand over the case to the CBI," the mother of one of the girls told local reporters.
An NGO, Deoghar Nagrik Manch, on June 8 called a shutdown to protest the gang-rape and murder of the two girls. The Bharatiya Janata Party supported the shutdown.
The forensic team found sperm particles in the vaginal swab of one of the girls. The forensic team also collected condoms, which have been sent for tests. The collected DNA samples will be matched with the DNA of the arrested man.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Does a corrupt govt influence the mindset of the youth?
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?