Jharkhand CM asks ministers, officials not to use sirens
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren on Friday asked his Cabinet Ministers and bureaucrats not to use siren while travelling across Jharkhand.
His direction came while chairing a meeting attended by Chief Secretary R S Sharma, Director General of Police Rajeev Kumar and other senior officials, official sources said here.
He also asked his cabinet colleagues to use minimum cars for their convoy -- a significant decision that comes in the backdrop of previous governments using sirens even while crossing hospitals and clinics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate