Jharkhand CM asks ministers, officials not to use sirens
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren on Friday asked his Cabinet Ministers and bureaucrats not to use siren while travelling across Jharkhand.
His direction came while chairing a meeting attended by Chief Secretary R S Sharma, Director General of Police Rajeev Kumar and other senior officials, official sources said here.
He also asked his cabinet colleagues to use minimum cars for their convoy -- a significant decision that comes in the backdrop of previous governments using sirens even while crossing hospitals and clinics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city