Jharkhand CM inducts three more ministers, completes expansion exercise
Ranchi: The Hemant Soren led UPA government in Jharkhand was expanded on Saturday with the induction of three more ministers taking the total number of ministers in the state to 12 including the chief minister.
In a simple swearing in ceremony at the Raj Bhavan here, Governor Syed Ahmed administered the oath of office and secrecy to Chandrasekhar Dubey (popularly known as Dadai Dubey), Manan Malik and Yogendra Sao.
All the newly-inducted ministers are from the Congress.
Soren had inducted six ministers on August 4 after taking oath along with Congress Legislature Party leader R P Singh and RJD-LP leader Annapurna Devi on July 13.
As per the Constitution, Jharkhand can have a maximum of 12 ministers, including the chief minister, which Soren completed now.
The JMM and the Congress have five ministers each while the RJD has two in the Hemant Soren-led coalition government.
Backed by Congress, RJD, smaller parties and Independent MLAs, the JMM had on July 9 staked claim to form the government under the leadership of its leader Hemant Soren and sailed through the floor test on July 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened