Jharkhand CM sacks second minister in three months
Ranchi: Jharkhand Chief Minister Hemant Soren Tuesday dismissed his Rural Works Minister Simon Marandi from his cabinet.
His recommendation to dismiss Marandi has been approved by Governor Syed Ahmed, a Raj Bhavan communique said here.
The reason behind the dismissal was not spelt out.
He held the portfolios of Food, Public Distribution and Consumer Affairs as well.
Marandi had allegedly levelled certain charges against the party leadership ahead of Lok Sabha polls in Dumka.
Soren had on February 19 dismissed Chandrasekhar Dubey, who was holding the Rural Development portfolio.
Later, Dubey resigned from the Congress and joined the Trinamool Congress and fought Lok Sabha elections from Dhanbad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir LIVE: Violence at student organisations' protest in Coimbatore, 5 students injured
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog