Jharkhand: Congress legislator faces honour killing allegations
Ranchi: A Congress legislator in Jharkhand is under scanner after a youth, who reportedly wanted to marry the lawmaker`s daughter, was found dead on Thursday, police said.
Avinash Tiwari of Garwah district went missing under mysterious circumstances April 27. His body was found in Karra of Khuti district, police said. The victim`s father has alleged that Sawna Lakra, legislator from Khijri constituency, abducted and tortured his son for wanting to marry his daughter.
"My son called his friends April 29 and told them that the legislator and his bodyguard had made him captive and they were torturing him," Sanjay Tiwari, the victim`s father, told reporters.
Rajiv Ranjan, deputy superintendent of police, said: "The legislator`s daughter has admitted that she knew Avinash and wanted to marry him."
Police sources say that Lakra was against the love affair. Sources said Lakra`s house was raided on Thursday.
"My son was killed under a conspiracy and I want to the killers should be hanged," said Tiwari.
Meanwhile, the Congress has formed a three-member committee to look into the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack