Jharkhand: Congress legislator faces honour killing allegations
Ranchi: A Congress legislator in Jharkhand is under scanner after a youth, who reportedly wanted to marry the lawmaker`s daughter, was found dead on Thursday, police said.
Avinash Tiwari of Garwah district went missing under mysterious circumstances April 27. His body was found in Karra of Khuti district, police said. The victim`s father has alleged that Sawna Lakra, legislator from Khijri constituency, abducted and tortured his son for wanting to marry his daughter.
"My son called his friends April 29 and told them that the legislator and his bodyguard had made him captive and they were torturing him," Sanjay Tiwari, the victim`s father, told reporters.
Rajiv Ranjan, deputy superintendent of police, said: "The legislator`s daughter has admitted that she knew Avinash and wanted to marry him."
Police sources say that Lakra was against the love affair. Sources said Lakra`s house was raided on Thursday.
"My son was killed under a conspiracy and I want to the killers should be hanged," said Tiwari.
Meanwhile, the Congress has formed a three-member committee to look into the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Post Uri attack, India strengthens border surveillance along LOC
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray